Monday, December 15, 2014

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

Hey Y'all,
So for those of you who haven't hear I've moved families. I lived with an amazing family and they were wonderful to me and I have a great deal of love for them. My new family is wonderful! I have two sisters that attend my school. One is 15 and the other is 11. We also have two wonderful parents, a pool, and two labrador retrievers. They're a fantastic family!
                                                                                                                                                              

How do I describe Rio? Hmmmm.... Amazing? Beautiful? A better version of California? It's pretty much all of those things. I LOVED it. If there's any city I could see myself living in,here in Brazil, it's Rio. It's very chill and relaxed, very clean, and just absolutely gorgeous. I visited Rio with Germany, Italy 1 & Italy 2, Hungary, Yoda, and a German boy from German 1's city joined us. We only spent three days there unfortunately, but we did get a lot done.

We started by visiting Sugarloaf Mountain. The whole mountain was clearly a giant tourist trap and was covered in stores but that didn't detract from the breathtaking views.







Ah-Mazing! To keep to our tourist agenda, can you guess what we saw next? Christ the Redeemer! We took a little train like thing up there and the views were awe inspiring. I was sitting behind German boy and across from Germany. We were all holding a conversation but since they both spoke German the conversation kept getting switched to German, leaving me sitting there nodding and looking confused. The man sitting next to me nudged me and said, "Why are they talking in German but you're talking in English?" I looked a lot like the Germans. Once up there we proceeded on to take a million goofy pictures and of course the required Christ photo.






We also had the opportunity to attend a fuetbol game. Brazilian fans are crazy! They were waving their flags, jumping on their streets, and screaming at everything. 







These are some of the highlights of Rio. I had an amazing time and I'm hoping to go back in the Spring to make even more wonderful memories. Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment